Handmade Holiday Crawl 2019
The Handmade Holiday Crawl is an annual event hosted by Tennessee Craft Midstate Chapter where over 35 of middle Tennessee's makers will host open studio or pop-up sales making this a great way to shop locally this holiday season while supporting the arts and the tradition of "handmade in Tennessee." The below online map with photos of artwork and links to artists websites will allow you to easily plan your day and navigate as many studios as possible!
The 2019 Handmade Holiday Crawl will be December 7th from 10 am-6 pm.
Who Can Participate:
This event is open to all makers in middle Tennessee who wish to open their studio to the public. You do not have to be a member of Tennessee Craft or a "craft" artist (drawings, paintings, sculpture, and more are all welcome). Please also reach out to us, if you want to participate, but your physical studio space isn't a good fit for an event like this. We may we able to place you in one of our sponsored locations that has agreed to host artists for pop-up displays and sales.
About Tennessee Craft Membership:
Tennessee Craft offers its members scholarships, apprenticeships, and professional development opportunities, along with access to an enthusiastic community of knowledgable makers.
PLEASE NOTE: Memberships purchased through October 31 are for the current calendar year. Memberships purchased after October 31 are valid through the subsequent calendar year. If you are considering joining TN Craft you may want to wait until November 1st (which still allows you to get the early bird discount).
- Artist agrees to open their studio for the full duration of the event, rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather (snow and ice), TN Craft will communicate with artists and make the call about cancellation.
- Artist agrees to do one or more of the following during this event: Offer tours of their studio, do demonstrations, have “works in progress” or finished artwork on display, and/or have artwork for sale.
- Although you are not required to have work for sale, know that many people have expressed interest in using this event to shop for presents.
- Artwork on display must be handmade. In this context, we are defining handmade as any item where at least 70% or more of the piece was designed and created by hand. Simply assembling store-bought items is not considered handmade enough. Reproductions (commercially printed replicas of paintings, etc.) are only permitted if they are alongside your original artwork. For example, if you wanted to sell a calendar depicting your artwork, this is only okay if at least most of the original artwork depicted is also on display in your studio.
- Artist agrees to provide clear and easy to read signage guiding visitors that somehow incorporates a printed out copy of our event logo (which you will be provided with at a later date). We recommend a big sign on the studio itself, a sign by the street pointing to the studio, and signs at other main streets/intersections nearby helping point visitors your way.
- We will be telling visitors to look for red balloons, so please put red balloons on the building and when possible on signage.
- Artists must agree to share this event and the provided promotional information with their social media and/or email newsletter. Remember, as a new event, we are really relying on the synergy that is created when artists cross-promote each other.
- You will also be asked to provide a way for guests to sign up for the Handmade Holiday Crawl emails (we will provide you with a simple form).
- Not following these guidelines may result in artists not being invited to participate in future Handmade Holiday Crawl events.
2. Fill out the registration form using the button below.
3. Email 3 high resolution images of your artwork to email@example.com